- For Sale by Public Auction
- Auction Location: Online Public Auction Https://bit.ly/2ICIX5x
- Auction Date & Time: Thursday, 30 August at 12:00 PM
Overall Floor Area: 142.6 Sq. Metres (1,535 Sq. Feet)
Detached three-bay two-storey former RIC barracks, built c.1840, then used as a Garda station. Abutting former court house to north. Pitched slate roof with brick chimney stack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Random coursed limestone walls with tooled limestone quoins and plinth course. Doorway set into concrete surround accessed by stone steps. Replacement timber windows with tooled stone surrounds and sills to windows. Cut stone and yellow brick surrounds to some windows on rear elevation. Replacement timber panelled door. Site enclosed by squared stone wall and wrought-iron gates.
The stone built former garda station in Dromod is an imposing property in the village. The scale, architectural form and use of building materials are of technical and architectural note. The property would lend itself to a number of uses both residential and commercial ( subject to necessary consents).
Dromod (The property comprises a detached three-bay 2 storey property extending to 142.6 sq.m. Construction is of coursed limestone walls with pitched slate roof dating back to c. 1840. Internally the property is laid out into office and residential accommodation with separate access.The property comprises the following accommodation. Living quarters: entrance hall, living room, kitchen/diner, 4 bedrooms and bathroom. Former Garda station: entrance hall, public office, private office and w.c.
We have been advised that this is a listed building.
Irish: Dromod, meaning “long ridge, or back of the wood”) is a village in County Leitrim, Ireland. Dromod is a noted fishing village beside Bofin and Boderg, which are threaded by the River Shannon. Built along the River Shannon, this is a Tidy Towns winner with a modern harbour frequented by cruiser traffic. The Bog Oak water feature in the centre of the village, entitled ‘The Weeping Tree’, and was made by a local craftsman from a piece of bog oak which was found nearby.
- Exceptional Opportunity / Double Fronted Two Storey Property
- Extending to 142.6 sq.m
- Suitable For a Variety of Uses ( Subject to Necessary Consents )
- Former RIC barracks, built c.1840, then used as a Garda Station
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Walled Rear Garden
- Imposing Presence Within the Village
For full details see the original listing here